- E. Filatova, Information Overlap in Multiligual Wikipedia and Summarization, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS), December (2012)
- E. Filatova and J. Prager, Occupation inference through detection and classification of biographical activities, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS), Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE) 76–78 (2012), pages 39–57
Refereed Conference and Workshop Publications
- D. Difallah, E. Filatova, P. Ipeirotis, Demographics and Dynamics of Mechanical Turk Workers, 2018. In the Proceedings of the 11th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), Los Angeles, CA
- E. Filatova, Sarcasm Detection using Sentiment Flow Shifts, 2017. In the Proceedings of the 30th international FLAIRS conference, FLAIRS-30, Marco Island, FL.
- E. Filatova, Irony and Sarcasm: Corpus Generation and Analysis Using Crowdsourcing, 2012. In the Proceedings of the eighth international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC, Istanbul, Turkey.
- J. Tetreault, E. Filatova and M. Chodorow, Rethinking Grammatical Error Annotation and Evaluation with the Amazon Mechanical Turk, 2010. In the Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications, NAACL, Los Angeles, California.
- E. Filatova, Multilingual Wikipedia, Summarization, and Information Trustworthiness, 2009. In the Proceedings of the SIGIR Workshop on Information Access in a Multilingual World, Boston, Massachusetts.
- E. Filatova, Directions for Exploiting Asymmetries in Multilingual Wikipedia, 2009.
In the Proceedings of the Third International Workshop On Cross Lingual Information Access, NAACL, Boulder, Colorado.
- F. Biadsy, J. Hirschberg and E. Filatova, An Unsupervised Approach to Biography Production using Wikipedia, 2008. In the Proceedings of ACL, Columbus, Ohio.
- E. Filatova, V. Hatzivassiloglou and K. McKeown, Automatic Creation of Domain Templates, 2006. In the Proceedings (Posters) of ACL/COLING, Sydney, Australia.
- E. Filatova and J. Prager, Tell Me What You Do And I’ll Tell You What You Are:
Learning Occupation-Related Activities for Biographies, 2005. In the Proceedings of HLT/EMNLP, Vancouver, Canada.
- E. Filatova and V. Hatzivassiloglou, A Formal Model for Information Selection in Multi-Sentence Text Extraction, 2004. In the Proceedings of COLING, Geneva, Switzerland.
- E. Filatova and V. Hatzivassiloglou, Event-Based Extractive Summarization, 2004. In the Proceedings of ACL Workshop on Summarization, Barcelona, Spain.
- E. Filatova and V. Hatzivassiloglou, Domain-Independent Detection, Extraction, and Labeling of Atomic Events, 2003. In the Proceedings of RANLP, Borovets, Bulgaria.
- E. Filatova, E Hovy, Assigning Time-Stamps to Event-Clauses, 2001. In the Proceedings of ACL Workshop on Temporal and Spatial Reasoning at the Conference. Toulouse, France. Also in: I. Mani, J. Pustejovsky, and R. Gaizauskas (eds.). The Language of Time: A Reader. 2004. Oxford University Press.
- E. Filatova and V. Hatzivassiloglou, Marking Atomic Events in Sets of Related Texts, In N. Nicolov, K. Boncheva, G. Angelova, and R. Mitkov ( Eds). Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing Part III. 2003. John Benjamin Publishers CILT series (Current Issues in Linguistic Theory)
- E. Filatova and E. Hovy, Assigning Time-Stamps to Event- Clauses, 2004 In I.Mani, J. Pustejovsky, and R. Gaizauskas (eds.) The Language of Time: A Reader. 2004. Oxford University Press.
- D. Roussinov, M. Chau, E. Filatova, J. Robles, Building on Redundancy: Factoid Question Answering, Robust Retrieval and the “Other”, 2005. In the Proceedings of Text REtrieval Conference (TREC), Gaithersburg, MD.
- S. Pradhan, G. Illouz, S. Blair-Goldensohn, A. Schlaikjer, V. Krugler, E. Filatova, P. Duboue, H. Yu, R. Passonneau, S. Bethard, V. Hatzivassiloglou, W. Ward, D. Jurafsky, K. McKeown, and J. Martin, Building a Foundation System for Producing Short Answers to Factual Questions, 2002. In the Proceedings of Text REtrieval Conference (TREC), Gaithersburg, MD.
- E. Hovy, E. Filatova, M. King, and B. Maegaard, The ISLE Classification of Machine Translation Evaluations, 2001. Technical report