Spring 2018, Text Mining
The course is Python-based course.
- Microsoft Azure Notebooks (https://notebooks.azure.com/) or IPython notebooks
- These two programming environments are similar
- If you have IPython notes installed on your computer you can continue using it.
- If you do not have IPython notes installed on your computer you can either install IPython notes or create a free account with Microsoft Azure Notebooks
- For the Python portion of the class I will be distributing .ipynb files (notebooks)
- The assignments and project will be submitted at .ipynb files (notebooks)
- On-line Books:
- NLTK (http://www.nltk.org/) and the corresponding book “Natural Language Processing with Python”: http://www.nltk.org/book/
- Manning, Raghavan, and Schutze. 2008. Introduction to Information Retrieval (https://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/). Cambridge University Press. [MRS]
- Research papers and links to other reading materials will be posted for every class