NACLO (North American Computational Linguistics Open competition) 2024 @ CUNY
Register for the training session (information below)
What is NACLO?
- NACLO is a contest in which high-school students solve linguistic problems.
- NACLO is geared towards high-school students interested in solving puzzles, breaking codes, learning foreign languages, natural language processing, and language technologies.
- In solving NACLO problems, students learn about the diversity and consistency of language, while exercising logic skills.
- No prior knowledge of linguistics or second languages is necessary.
- No entrance fee to join the competition.
- More information on NACLO, including the problems and solutions from previous years can be found here: https://naclo.org/.
- NACLO Student Participant Handbook.
When and where?
- Participant registration deadline: January 22, 2024. Please fill out the form here and select the CUNY for the site.
- Open round competition:
- Thursday, January 25, 2024, 10am – 1pm
- CUNY, Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016 (map)
- Room: TBA
- Student registration is open on the NACLO web site:
- CUNY site is listed under the Current University Sites as: City University of New York (New York, NY)
- Student registration site: https://naclo.org/registration_page.php
Training session: the session is free, however, registration is mandatory (to arrange for access to the CUNY Graduate Center building):
To get announcements related to the CUNY NACLO site, please, submit this form.